We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of any personal data that you submit to us is The Hearing Clinic , a company incorporated under England law and whose registered office is at 12 Downlands Parade, Sompting Road, BN14 9JJ.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
• We will collect information that you provide to us when you register on the Service (such information shall include, but may not be limited to, your name, age, telephone number, postal address and email address);
• About your usage of the Service; that you provide to us in e-mails or letters that you send to us;
• And about transactions, you carry out through the Service, orders you place and the fulfilment of your orders;
• It is possible to view The Hearing Clinic website without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details you will not be able to use some of the Service.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US? We may use your information in the following ways:
• to ensure that our Service is delivered in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the Service, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Service and to notify you about any changes to our service;
• to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our Service;
• to produce reports which may be used, sold or published by us at our sole discretion provided that any data or reports will be anonymised and not refer to any individual user of the Services;
• for internal marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that we provide; and for security purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• You should note that information posted on the public elements of the Service may be visible by users of the Service throughout the world. You should, therefore, be careful when submitting information about yourself to the Service.
• We may disclose your personal information to Facebook Inc in order to fulfil the Services. You can review Facebook’s Terms of Service here https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads/
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
• Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently unsecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
• Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Important note concerning data processing in connection with Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited. If the responsible body for the data processing that occurs via this website has their basis outside of the European Economic area and Switzerland, then the associated Google Analytics data processing is carried out by Google LLC. Google Ireland Limited and Google LLC. will hereinafter be referred to as “Google”.
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files saved on the site visitor’s computer, to help the website analyze their use of the site. The information generated by the cookie (including the truncated IP address) about the use of the website will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google Analytics is used exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()" on this website. This extension ensures an anonymization of the IP address by truncation and excludes a direct personal reference. Via this extension Google truncates the site visitor’s IP address within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional situations will the site visitor’s full IP address be transmitted to Google servers in the United States and truncated there. The IP address, that is provided by the site visitor’s browser in using Google Analytics will not be merged by Google with other data from Google.
On behalf of the site operator, Google will use the information collected to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other website and internet related services to the site operator (Art. 6 (1)( f) GDPR). The legitimate interest in data processing lies in the optimization of this website, the analysis of the use of the website and the adaptation of the content. The interests of the users are adequately protected by the pseudonymization of their data.
Google LLC. has certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and on that basis they provides a guarantee to comply with European data protection law. The data sent and linked to the Google Analytics cookies, e.g. user IDs or advertising IDs will be automatically deleted after 50 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached is done automatically once a month.
The website visitor can prevent data collection via Google Analytics on this website by clicking here. An "Opt-out Cookie" shall then be applied which shall prevent any future collection of the site visitors data when visiting this website.